Sunday, May 6, 2007

Computers don't really care about your well being...

Ok, so I started sewing up the coat for TofuJoe and before I got very far I started to suspect that I had managed to cut the whole pattern without seam allowances. See I was using the computer to adjust the pattern size and cut the fabric. Which makes the whole process go much faster... including the process of screwing it all up. I didn't have enough fabric left to cut it all again.

There was much profanity I assure you.

The next morning I went about the forensic investigation of my own incompetence. First check: the seams are on the computer file I cut from. I must have been imagining it all, which is really sad considering the amount and volume of the profanity used.

On second check I did discover that three pieces were lacking seam allowances, they just happened to be the three I was trying to sew together. Luckily I did have enough to re-cut those pieces and get back to finishing this coat.

Lessons learned:
  • I'm incompetent
  • I swear needlessly
  • I even make mistakes about my making mistakes
  • If you have a self imposed deadline do not purchase a Nintendo Wii -that is a whole different story

No comments: