Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Let's not speak of it

So I didn't mention this earlier but I did spend some time last week working on the coat. It wasn't the most productive time unfortunately. I decided to dismantle the yoke to change the assembly order to see if it would be an easier path to completion. It might have been had I been paying attention and had not sewn the collar in backwards. Unfortunately I didn't check this until after doing a good deal of the top stitching. So then I decided to fix it without starting over and got halfway done before realizing I had sewn myself into a corner. So yeah, I got to sew the collar in 2.5 times and was in no mood to document the progress, but it is basically on the home stretch. Next a bit more top stitching and then the sleeves get set and the sides get closed before pockets and buttons.
Starting to look like a coat.

No comments: