Monday, February 3, 2014

There's nothing like a deadline.

So very little was accomplished on the coat over the holidays, or the weeks that followed for that matter. It wasn't until I was faced with the reality that we were heading to our first con of the year this week that I grew concerned about my progress on this. So last night night I pulled the coat off the coat form and spent a few moments pressing seams and planning the next steps.

Today I set about to finishing. All that was left was to topstitch the side seams, hems and cuffs; place and stitch the four pockets and deal with the buttons and holes. I had no buttons on hand but got lucky with a quick lunch run to the sewing store. There wasn't much to choose from but we did find one style with enough stocked to work.

So with what may be a rather anti-climatic final push, the Mighty Coat of Productivity is ready to be worn. Tomorrow it gets packed into a suitcase in time for our trip to New Orleans.

Next I will consider if I want to design some embroideries for it.

No comments: